The Digital Health Summer Summit San Francisco may be over, but the conversations linger. Common themes throughout were the emphasis on building TRUST, relationships, good business strategies, providing VALUE and OUTCOMES. Many exciting things on the horizon in this high growth area. There is no shortage of interest or need, but a lack of products that deliver on their promises. Opportunities abound for those who want to dive in. Partnerships between private and public sector, entrepreneurs and established businesses and organizations. It will be exciting to see where this leads. As Dr. Aenor Sawyer of UCSF pointed out, the changing demographics will entice us to appeal to the geri-actives. Let’s get creative and innovative in solutions for the future.
Thanks to Robin Raskin for inviting me. Jill Gilbert, you did a phenomenal job even in your glowing state. I look forward to seeing you in Vegas at CES when I have the results of my wearables and presence of mind study to share. In the meantime, keep innovating, sharing, learning and doing with each other!
Joe Flower (The Change Project) and Dan Munro (Forbes) talk Digital Health Trends at Warp Speed
Lifelong Tech for Aging By Design with Jeff Makowka and Sanjay Khurana (AARP Innovation) and Eric Baczuk (Frog Design) with moderator Amy O’Connor (Everyday Health) and Chris Koyama (WHILL) Lily Truong (Clear Ear)
Countdown To Launch with Leslie Ziegler (Bitty Foods), Geoffrey Clapp ( Better) and David Herbert (Mayo Clinic)
Power To The People, Vying For Consumer Domination with Derek Newell (CEO, Jiff) and Lisa Zamosky (Journalist, LATimes/Web MD)
Be All You Can Be, Health & Resilience presentation by Jeff Arnold (Sharecare)
Top Growth Opportunities in Digital Health presentation by Daniel Ruppar (Frost & Sullivan)
Markets to Watch in Digital Health with Anne DeGheest (Healthtech Capital), Laura Mitchell (GrandCare Systems) and Kevin Tillmann (CEA)
Frontline Innovators in Digital Health: Dr. Aenor Sawyer (Center for Digital Health Innovation, UCSF), Richard Roth (Innovation Fund for Technology, Dignity Health), Karin Cooke (Innovation Fund for Technology, Kaiser Permanente)
The conference is over, great conversations with exciting players in the wearable tech space. They covered development, design, business, communication, engagement, research, the future and more. I loved scribing this event, as the content feeds my current passion for wearables and their potential. My PhD dissertation study seems to be falling perfectly in terms of timing and need for answer seem burning questions in this community. I will be looking at the relationship between wearables and presence of mind; (both mindfulness and presence with others) for my dissertation study. But the interest is so high for data on the effectiveness and impact of these devices, that there is room for many more studies with a wider scope when I finish.
If I missed you there and you are interested in the study, please do not hesitate to reach out either here or directly at heidi (at) forbesoste.com. I am still accepting other monitor/alert category devices to be part of the initial study.
With Apple announcing the Health Book at WWDC (the Apple developers conference) this week, perhaps there is finally a space for us to collect all this data in one place.
Thanks to Wearable World for hosting such a great event, Redg Snodgrass you are a dear and I loved your team! Can’t wait to test out my gifts from the generous Sonny Vu of Misfits and Brian Dunham of OhMiBod. You guys are the best! I am so glad you are enjoying the sketchnotes. The Glazed2014 Album on Flickr is for sharing, so please feel free to embed and use the images to spread the word on the great work you all are doing (Just don’t forget attribution, please).
The Flickr Album includes sketchnotes from the following sessions:
- Connected Device Crowdfunding with Vijay Chattha (Wareness.io), Sonny Vu (Misfit), Kate Drane (Indigogo) and Andrew Dix (Wearable Insider)
- Wearable Ecosystem Not Echochamber with Intel’s Steve Holmes and Ina Fried
- The youngest GLASS explorer Alanna Forster, Goretti, Heidi Elgaard (Scandit), Liat Zakay and her team from Donde Fashion App, Lei Yu (DrumPants) and Mary Vincent from Sensilk. A look at the Women at Wearable World’s Glazed Conference
- Rise Of Self-Actualized Wearable Human with Gregory Ferenstein, Mikko Malmivaara (Clothing+), Stephane Marceau (OMSignal) and Florian Gschwantder (Runtastic)
- Review a Year in Wearables with Robert Scoble (Rackspace)
- Design by Belief, Execute on Data with Dan Harden & Gerson Goldberg (Whipsaw), Anush Elangovan (nod), Shaun Rahimi (Thimble Bioelectronics), Elaine Fiolet (Ubergizmo)
- We Are What We Wearables with Mark Brooks (iDating) and Theo Forbath (Frog Design)
- Wearing is Sharing with Remi El-Ouazzane (Movidius), James Harrison (Contour), Rom Eizenberg (CA7CH)
- State of the Wearable Economy with John Baird (Waggener Edestrom)
- Wearables And Innovation Of Sexual Intimacy with Ethan Imboden (Jimmy Jane), Brian Dunham (OhMiBod), Hermione Way (Vibease) and Lanae St. John (Mamasutra)
- Glimpse of the Women in Wearables: Shirley Husar (Washington Post), Heidi Elgaard (Scandit), Kerri McMaster (PLtech), Monisha Perkash (Lumo), Lei Yu (Drum Pants), Goretti, Heidi Forbes Öste (2BalanceU), Mary Vincent (Sensilk), Amy Sharman (Waggener Edstrom), Melissa Thomson (Talk Session), Lanae St. John (mamasutra), Noor Suddiqui (Remedy) Day Two
- Curating Content in a Wearable World with Chris Hulls (Life360), Jeff Stevens (ContextM), Brent Hieggelke (Urban Airship) and Kevin Shaw (Sensor Platforms, Inc.)